Dexedrine 10 mg is made up of two things: dextroamphetamine and amphetamine. Dexedrine quickly became one of the most widely used amphetamine-based medications. Dextroamphetamine is what makes you feel focused, alert, and energetic. Amphetamine makes you feel more relaxed and less inhibited. It can also cause serious side effects if used for long periods of time.
In the case of children, it needs to be checked their weight before prescribing the dose. And the initial dose for children is 5 mg and it should not exceed more than 60 mg per day.
In the case of adults who weigh less than 180 pounds should take only 5 mg per day. The normal adult dose for adults between the ages of 19 and 64 is 10 mg per day. While adults who weigh 180 pounds or more should take 10 mg per day.
Benefits of Taking Dexedrine 10 mg Tablet
Dexedrine 10 mg helps to improve attention, focus, and concentration. They also reduce hyperactivity and impulsivity in people with ADHD. Taking this medicine may improve your ability to do everyday activities like:
- Communicating with others at work or school
- Increased alertness
- Driving safely
- Performing household chores or other household tasks
- Improve concentration
- Doing your job well at work or school
- Decreased impulsiveness
- Increased energy levels
How to Use?
- Always follow the prescription that has been prescribed by your doctor, and do as exactly advised to you.
- Check the expiry date and the instruction guide sheet carefully before buying the medicine.
- This medicine needs to be taken by mouth twice or thrice a day. You can have it with or without food.
- Dexedrine 10 mg extended capsule prescribe to take only once a day. It helps to reduce symptoms such as fidgetiness, restlessness, and trouble concentrating.
- Never try to break or chew the tablet, swallow the whole.
- Always take the medicine at the same time of the day, and avoid taking it late to reduce sleeping problems.
- The use of this medication should not exceed the limit of one week at a time, but it can be used longer with a doctor’s supervision.
- Do not stop using it immediately to avoid withdrawal symptoms.
- Regular heartbeat and pulse rate check-ups are mandatory.
- Do not share the doses with others, a single dose can cause severe side effects or death.
- An excessive amount of misuse can cause overdose, addiction or death.
- At a point, your doctor may change the amount of the dose to get good results.
- Do not sell or buy Dexedrine 10 mg tablet online without proper permission, it is illegal.
- Store the tablets in a safe place away from heat, moisture and rain.
Possible Side Effects of Dexedrine 10 mg
You might experience common and severe side effects while using it. It is normal but at the same time dangerous. Contact your doctor immediately if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms;
Severe Side Effects
- Signs of circulation problems- cold feeling, numbness, pain, unexplained wounds, or skin colour changes (pale, red, or blue appearance) in your toes and fingers.
- Signs of heart problems- trouble breathing, chest pain, feeling like you might pass out;
- Signs of psychosis- aggression, hostility, paranoia, hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not real), new behaviour problems
- a seizure (convulsions)
- muscle twitches (tics)
- changes in your vision
Common Side Effects
- dry mouth
- upset stomach
- loss of appetite
- weight loss
- fast heartbeats
- sleep problems (insomnia)
Always try to use this medicine in a proper way and do not misuse it.
Things you Need To Inform Your Doctor
Tell your doctor if you have;
- heart disease or coronary artery disease
- moderate to severe high blood pressure
- overactive thyroid
- severe anxiety
- tension, or agitation
- heart problems
- A congenital heart defect
- a family history of heart disease or sudden death
- high blood pressure; or
- a history of drug or alcohol addiction
Tell your doctor if any one of your family has;
- muscle twitches
- mental illness
- an abnormal brain wave test
- suicidal thoughts or actions
- Tourette’s syndrome
- blood circulation problems in the hands or feet
- bipolar disorder
It’s better to inform;
- If you are allergic to any stimulant medicine.
- If you are pregnant or planning to have a baby.
- If you are addicted to alcohol or drugs.
- If you have used MAO inhibitors like; tranylcypromine, linezolid, methylene blue injection, phenelzine, and isocarboxazid.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother and your newborn baby has symptoms like agitation, reduced weight gain, sleep problems, or feeding problems.
- If you are using other opioids, herbs or any vitamins which may affect the Dexedrine.
- If you are using any medicines for migraine headaches, depression, mental illness, serious infections, Parkinson’s disease, or prevention of nausea and vomiting.
Medicines that can be used in the place of Dexedrine 10 mg Tablet-
Exceeding the medicine more than prescribed cause overdose. It is not safe if you are taking a dose more than needed. You may face symptoms like;
- Rapid breathing
- Muscle pain
- Dark colour urine
- Muscle twitches
- This medicine should not use by someone under 3 years old.
- People with heart disease and high blood pressure should not use this or else it may cause heart attack, stroke or sudden death.
- Never share the doses with others, especially with children and drug-addicted people.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and driving until you know how this medicine will affect your body.
- Storage of Dexedrine 10 mg xr should be done properly at a constant room temperature away from heat and moisture.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you are having signs of psychosis- new behaviour problems, seeing or hearing things that are not real, paranoia, aggression, signs of heart problems- feeling light-headed or short of breath, chest pain, signs of circulation problems–unexplained wounds on your fingers or toes.