Levitra 60 mg is a popular drug that helps men with erectile dysfunction. It slows down the process of ejaculation by allowing more blood flow to the penis. This medicine works by enhancing blood flow to the penis, resulting in a sustained erection. It does not protect you from sexually transmitted diseases (including HIV). Levitra 60 mg has been shown to work for up to 36 hours after taking it once daily.
What are the risks and warnings for Levitra 60 mg?
Before using a medicine know the limitation and warnings, so that you can take precautions before it gets too let.
- Levitra may rarely cause serious (sometimes fatal) skin rashes or other allergic reactions. Get medical help right away if you develop this problem.
- Tell your doctor before using Levitra 60 mg about all other medications you are taking especially if you are using- a nitrate drug such as isosorbide dinitrate, isosorbide mononitrate, or nitroglycerin for chest pain or heart problems, recreational drugs such as nitrite “poppers” or amyl nitrate, Riociguat for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension. These drug interactions with Levitra 60 mg may cause a sudden and serious decrease in blood pressure.
- Do not use this medicine if you have- liver disease, kidney disease (or if you are on dialysis), hearing or vision problems, a stomach ulcer, vision loss, a heart attack, stroke, or conges, or a bleeding disorder. Or if have haemophilia, an eye disorder such as retinitis pigmentosa (an inherited condition of the eye), heart disease, heart rhythm problems, or a blood cell disorder such as sickle cell anaemia, or multiple myeloma, leukaemia, long QT syndrome (in you or a family member), a physical deformity of the penis (such as Peyronie’s disease), heart failure, Seizures and high or low blood pressure.
- It is better to inform your doctor if you have been told you should not have sexual intercourse for health reasons. So that he\she could prescribe you suitable medicine according to your health condition.
- If you use Levitra, talk with your healthcare provider before starting any new prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement, including vitamins, minerals and other dietary supplements.
- The combination of Levitra and alcohol is not recommended because it can lead to a longer period of action of the active ingredients, which may result in an overdose.
- The safety of this medicine has not been established for use in children, elderly people, and pregnant women.
- Avoid drinking grapefruit juice, smoking and eating spicy foods while using this medication.
- A prolonged period of erection can cause damage to the penis.
- Do not use Staxyn in place of Levitra 60 mg.
- Keep this medicine away from children, heat and moisture.
How to use Levitra 60 mg properly?
you need to take this medicine in a proper way with the doctor’s advice. follow the given information for better results-
- Follow your doctor’s prescription before using it.
- Levitra should be taken at least 1 hour before sexual activity and must be swallowed whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break, chew or crush this tablet as it could harm your throat and stomach. You may swallow the tablet with food to avoid having an upset stomach.
- This medicine cann be taken with or without food.
- Use the only medicine that has been prescribed to you to avoid medication errors.
- Consult your doctor if you are facing difficulty while erection.
- Keep your medicine in its blister pack until it is time to take it.
Pros and Cons of Levitra 60 mg
Levitra is one of the best medicine available in its category, but like every medicine, it has also some side effects. All these effects may show when this medicine is not used in a proper way. Try always to take this medicine as exactly prescribed by the doctor, and avoid misusing it.
Rare Negative Effects-
- penis erection that is painful or lasts 4 hours or longer
- swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet
- erection is painful or lasts longer than 4 hours (prolonged erection can damage the penis)
- seizure (convulsions)
- heart attack symptoms – chest pain or pressure, pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder, nausea, sweating
- vision changes or sudden vision loss
- ringing in your ears, or sudden hearing loss
- irregular heartbeat
- shortness of breath
- a light-headed feeling, like you, might pass out
Common Negative Effects-
- stuffy nose, sinus pain
- flushing (warmth, redness, or tingly feeling)
- headache, dizziness
- upset stomach
- back pain
Alternatives Of Levitra 60 mg
There are certain medicines available that may be used in place of Levitra.
These are certain medicines that your doctor may prescribe as alternatives to Levitra. Make sure to follow your doctor’s advice while using it.
What should I avoid Using?
To stay away from medical errors you need to avoid the following things;
- drugs to treat high blood pressure or a prostate disorder – alfuzosin, doxazosin, prazosin, silodosin, terazosin, tamsulosin
- heart rhythm medicine – amiodarone, dronedarone, procainamide, quinidine, sotalol
- an antibiotic – clarithromycin, erythromycin
- HIV/AIDS medicine – atazanavir, indinavir, ritonavir, saquinavir, and others
- antifungal medicine – itraconazole, ketoconazole
- Grapefruit juice