Levitra 40 mg is one of the best medications used to treat erectile dysfunction in men. This medication is available in a certain form of a tablet, which you should take and consume just before engaging in sexual activity. The primary effect of the drug lasts for about 4 hours, but the results are noticeable after only 30 minutes after taking it. It works by helping to relax muscles and increase blood flow to the penis during sexual activity. you can contact us to know more details about this medicine.
Doctor’s tips for Levitra 40 mg
There are certain warnings that need to be followed before or while using this medicine.
- Do not use Levitra if you have ever had a heart attack, stroke or life-threatening irregular heartbeat. ask your doctor or pharmacist what to avoid while taking your medicines. It is not recommended to use more than one medicine supplied in the same tablet because it may increase the risk of side effects.
- To make sure that Levitra 40mg is as safe and effective as possible, you should avoid taking it with alcohol or grapefruit juice.
- If you have a known medical condition or you are taking any type of prescription medication including herbs, daily supplements, opioids and vitamins, tell your doctor to decide whether this medicine is safe for you to use or not.
- Please avoid eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice while taking this medicine. This can significantly increase the amount of Levitra in your body and may increase unwanted effects.
- The physician should be informed if there are active peptic ulcers, cardiac disease and uncontrolled hypertension
- Do not use this medicine with a nitrate drug such as isosorbide dinitrate, isosorbide mononitrate, or with nitroglycerin for chest pain or heart problems, recreational drugs such as nitrite “poppers” or amyl nitrate, Riociguat for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension.
Procedure To Take This Medicine
Talk with your doctor about the benefits of taking this medication. Take the tablet as directed by your doctor. follow the given procedure-
- Levitra is a prescription medicine for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) in men only. It should be used in combination with sexual stimulation.
- This medicine can be used with or without food.
- Take it 1 hour before your sexual activity.
- Swallow the whole medicine with a glass of water and avoid exceeding doses more than once a day.
- Some medications interact with Cialis, making it harder to get an erection. If you notice any changes in your sexual performance or no longer feel comfortable, tell your doctor immediately.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you are experiencing a painful erection after using it.
- Check your pulse rate each time you use Levitra 40 mg to make sure it is not too fast. Ask your doctor what your pulse rate should be and have him or her check it regularly during the time you take this medicine
What does your doctor need to know?
The doctor needs to know about your medical history before prescribing Levitra 40 mg. Tell him in detail about your health conditions, including any allergies you have and whether you are taking any other medications. There are some things that your doctor should know about before you start taking it;
Tell your doctor if you ever had or have-
- liver disease, kidney disease (or if you are on dialysis)
- a bleeding disorder such as haemophilia
- heart disease, heart rhythm problems
- an eye disorder such as retinitis pigmentosa (an inherited condition of the eye)
- hearing or vision problems
- a stomach ulcer
- vision loss
- a heart attack, stroke, or congestive heart failure
- a blood cell disorder such as sickle cell anaemia, multiple myeloma, or leukaemia
- long QT syndrome (in you or a family member)
- a physical deformity of the penis (such as Peyronie’s disease)
- high or low blood pressure
- if you have been told you should not have sexual intercourse for health reasons
There are certain medicines that you need to avoid while using Levitra 40 mg to avoid medication errors and the risk of side effects.
Tell your doctor if you are using-
- drugs to treat high blood pressure or a prostate disorder – silodosin, terazosin, tamsulosin, alfuzosin, doxazosin, prazosin,
- heart rhythm medicine – procainamide, amiodarone, dronedarone, quinidine, sotalol
- HIV/AIDS medicine – ritonavir, saquinavir, atazanavir, indinavir, and others
- antifungal medicine – itraconazole, ketoconazole
- an antibiotic – clarithromycin, erythromycin
Adverse Effects of Levitra 40 mg
You may experience some negative effects of Levitra 40 mg while using it. Always use it in a proper way as told by your doctor. Never try to misuse it.
There are some other rare but serious side effects which include-
- ringing in your ears, or sudden hearing loss
- irregular heartbeat
- shortness of breath
- a light-headed feeling, like you, might pass out
- penis erection that is painful or lasts 4 hours or longer
- swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet
- erection is painful or lasts longer than 4 hours (prolonged erection can damage the penis)
- seizure (convulsions)
- heart attack symptoms – chest pain or pressure, pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder, nausea, sweating
- vision changes or sudden vision loss
Common Levitra 40 mg effects-
- stuffy nose, sinus pain
- flushing (warmth, redness, or tingly feeling)
- headache, dizziness
- upset stomach
- back pain