Provigil 100 mg is widely used by people to treat their excessive sleepiness. Which may have been caused by narcolepsy, sleep apnea, or shift work sleep disorder. It works so well and shows its results effectively. This medicine should not be used as a sleeping pill.
Dose for Narcolepsy– 100 mg orally daily in the morning
Dose for Obstructive Sleep Apnea– Take 100 mg orally, daily once in the morning.
Dose for Shift Work Sleep Disorder– Take 100 mg orally, daily once 1 hour before starting of your work shift.
Consult with your pharmacist or physician for further details.
Steps you need to take before using it
Tell your doctor about your health history, if you ever suffered from or have;
- kidney disease
- cirrhosis or other liver problems
- heart disease
- angina (chest pain)
- history of heart attack
- a history of mental illness
- high blood pressure
- history of alcoholism or drug addiction
You need to inform your doctor;
- If you are taking any hormonal contraception (injections, birth control pills, skin patches, implants, and vaginal rings) because it may become less powerful if used with Provigil.
- If you are pregnant or planning to have a baby.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother cause this medicine may pass through breast milk and the baby may start depending upon the drug.
- If your age is under 17 years old.
- If you have any symptoms such as Chest pain, Self-harm thoughts, Hallucinations, Dark urine, Anxiety, Active or more talkative than usual, Skin rash, hives, blisters, or peeling skin, mouth sores, Trouble swallowing, Shortness of breath, swelling in your legs, Unusual thoughts, Behavior Change, and Aggression, etc.
Proper Procedure To Use
- This medicine comes in an oral form. Use it the way it advises you.
- Read the direction and guide sheet carefully before using it.
- Ask your all doubts and queries to your doctor.
- At a point, your doctor may change the amount of the dose to get good results.
- Follow the prescription for dosing information, and never take a larger or smaller dose than recommended.
- For Narcolepsy- take the medicine once per day, with or without food, the daily dose may divide into two(one in the morning and the other at noon) if the doctor prescribes it.
- For shift work sleep disorder- Take the medicine by mouth 1 hour before starting your work, with or without food once per day.
- For obstructive sleep apnea- This treatment may be needed with a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine. Remember not to stop using CPAC while you are sleeping until your doctor tells you to do so. The combination of treatment with Provigil and CPAP may be necessary to treat your condition in the best possible way. Take this medicine once in the morning orally, with or without food as directed by your doctor.
- Talk to your doctor if you are still feeling excessive sleep after using this medicine.
- Provigil mostly prescribes for 12 weeks or less.
- Do not break or inject the capsule into the veins by mixing it with other substances.
- Do not share the medicine with others without permission, especially someone with a history of drug abuse.
- People with high blood pressure and heart disease should avoid using this medicine or else it may cause stroke or death.
- Do not switch to an alternative brand or strength, without the doctor’s recommendation.
- Do not sell or buy Provigil 100 mg online without permission, it is illegal.
- Store it out of reach from children and keep it in a safe place at constant room temperature.
Cons Of Provigil
Provigil contains inactive ingredients, which may cause allergic reactions or different side effects. The side effects are sometimes common on the other hand they are severe in certain cases. That is why it has been advised to use the medicine in a proper way. Consult your doctor immediately if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms;
Severe Negative Effects-
- suicidal thoughts or actions
- unusual thoughts or behaviour
- being more active or talkative than usual
- chest pain
- trouble breathing
- uneven heartbeats
- dark urine
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- the first sign of any skin rash, no matter how minor you think it might be
- skin rash or hives
- blisters or peeling
- trouble swallowing
- swelling in your legs
- mouth sores,
- fever, shortness of breath;
- swelling in your face, eyes, lips, tongue, or throat.
Common Negative Effects-
- feeling nervous
- back pain
- upset stomach
- stuffy nose
Avoid using it
- If you are pregnant.
- If you are allergic to this medicine.
- If you are using other opiod medicines, herbal products, vitamins or, antibiotics that could cause medicine errors if get interacts with Provigil.
- If you are a drug-addicted person or have a history of drug addiction.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother.
- If you are a breastfeeding mother, this medicine is not safe for your baby, it can cause life-threatening withdrawal symptoms
Taking too much Provigil can cause severe symptoms;
- digestive changes such as nausea and diarrhoea
- excitation and hallucination
That is why avoid exceeding or cursing medicines. If you are facing any of the above symptoms call the poison helpline immediately.
Things should not Get Interact With Provigil
Avoid using certain drugs, medicines, supplements and herbs to reduce the risk of side effects.
Drugs need to be Avoid-
- Propranolol (Inderal LA, InnoPran XL)
- Diazepam (Valium)
- Omeprazole (Prilosec)
- Phenytoin (Dilantin, Phenytek)
- Comipramine (Anafranil)
Foods and Beverages need to avoid-
- Fruit juice( orange or grapefruit juice)
- tea (such as black, green, and oolong)
Antiviral medications such as:
- Viekira Pak
- ritonavir (Norvir)
- cobicistat (Tybost)
- darunavir (Prezista)
- Viekira XR
Heart medications such as:
- diltiazem (Taztia XT, Tiazac, others)
- amiodarone (Pacerone, Nexterone)
- verapamil (Calan, Verelan)
Possible Alternatives to this medicine
If you are not getting enough results after using Provigil, you may switch treatment to the following medicines. But before that consult a doctor, let him decide which one will be best for your health condition.