Adderall XR 30 mg is an FDA-approved medicine to treat Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder and Narcolepsy in both adults and children. It is a central nervous system stimulant that works in the brain by controlling certain unbalanced chemicals. You can get this medicine easily in the market, remember to always buy Adderall online from a trusted store. This medicine also helps to control behavioural problems and make listening skills stronger.
Adderall XR 30 mg is an orange oval-shaped capsule with an imprint of ADDERALL XR 30 on it. It is available in the market easily. You can get it from any trusted stores online or offline with a doctor’s prescription.
Inform Your Doctor-
If you or anyone in your family ever experienced;
- an abnormal brain wave test (EEG)
- bipolar disorder
- liver disease
- kidney disease
- a family history of heart disease or sudden death
- psychosis, problems with aggression
- mental illness
- motor tics (muscle twitches) or Tourette’s syndrome
- High blood pressure
- Heart problems
- blood circulation problems in the hands or feet.
- suicidal thoughts
If you ever suffered from;
- vascular disease
- hardening of the arteries
- high blood pressure;
- overactive thyroid
- severe anxiety
- heart disease
- a history of drug or alcohol addiction.
- coronary artery disease
- heart problems or a congenital heart defect;
Who Should Avoid This Medicine?
- Avoid using this medicine if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby.
- If you are allergic to amphetamine and dextroamphetamine.
- Do not use this medicine if you have used MAO inhibitors like; tranylcypromine, isocarboxazid, methylene blue injection, linezolid, phenelzine, selegiline and rasagiline in the last 14 days to avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Avoid breastfeeding while you are on your medication, it may harm the newborn baby.
- Avoid using it if you are a drug or alcohol-addicted person.
What Needs to be Avoided?
- Driving and doing machinery work should be avoided until you know how Adderall XR 30 mg will affect your body.
- Avoid doing things which require you to be alert.
- Never drink or consume alcohol or drugs to avoid risks.
- Avoid taking vitamin C and acidic foods while you are using it.
- Do not drink fruit juice and caffeine-containing beverages, it may slow down the effect of the medicine.
Proper Using Procedure
- Follow the doctor’s prescription for your dosage information. Check the given guide and instruction sheet carefully before using the medicine.
- This medicine needs to be taken by mouth once in the morning with or without a meal.
- Swallow the whole tablet without chewing, crushing or breaking it.
- If you are facing any difficulty while taking it, you can use applesauce to mix it with. Swallow the whole mixture and avoid keeping it for further use.
- Do not stop using this medicine immediately to avoid withdrawal symptoms like; mood changes, sleep problems, severe tiredness and depression.
- Over time your doctor may change the number of doses for better results.
- Do not misuse it to avoid the risk of addiction and overdose.
- People with high blood pressure and heart disease should not use this medicine or else it may cause stroke or death.
- Tell your doctor about all your ongoing medication and use only those medicines, that have been prescribed to you.
- Never share your medicine with children or drug-addicted people without a prescription.
- Keep the tablets in a safe place away from everyone’s reach. Take care that no one could misuse it.
- Selling or buying Adderall XR 30 mg without permission is against the law.
Adderall XR 30 mg is one of the best medicine to treat ADHD but at the same time, it has serious side effects which vary in different conditions. Sometimes it may be normal, sometimes it may be severe.
Some common Side Effects include-
Anxiety, diarrhoea, sleep problems, loss of interest in sex, increase blood pressure, constipation, tremor, fear, fever, heart palpitations, stomach pain, loss of appetite, difficulty having an orgasm, vomiting, weight loss, increased heart rate, irritability, agitation, dizziness, nausea, agitation, headache, nervousness, restlessness, weakness, excitability, blurred vision.
Severe Side Effects include-
Sudden vision loss, blurred vision, eye pain or swelling, tunnel vision, or seeing halos around lights, feeling unsteady, high fever, loss of coordination, slurred speech, confusion, arm or leg weakness, trouble walking, very stiff muscles, profuse sweating, or tremors, fluttering in your chest, fast, insomnia, irregular, or pounding heartbeats, sudden dizziness, shortness of breath or lightheartedness, skin colour changes to fingers or toes, seizures, muscle twitches (tics), vision changes, trouble breathing and chest pain.
Contact the doctor immediately if you are facing any of the above symptoms. Try not to misuse or exceed the medicine as much as possible.
What to do under the condition of Overdose and Missed dose?
When you start taking medicine more than recommended it ultimately becomes an addiction, which results in overdose. That is why it is told not to exceed the doses or use it for a prolonged period.
Overdose Symptoms Include;
- rapid breathing
- muscle pain
- stomach pain
- uneven heartbeats
- feeling light-headed
- muscle twitches
- Dark coloured urine
Call the Poison Help line or seek a medical emergency in case you are experiencing these symptoms. Excess use of Adderall could be fatal, so be careful while using it.
What Needs to Be Avoided?
- Avoid taking vitamin C and acidic foods while you are using Adderall XR 20 mg.
- Avoid doing hazardous things like driving, which requires you to be alert.
- Avoid drinking alcohol or consuming drugs.
- Avoid drinking fruit juice and caffeine-containing beverages.
Avoid using medicine like;
- cold or allergy medicine
- a blood thinner such as Jantoven, warfarin, Coumadin
- depression medicine
- opioid (narcotic) medicine
- seizure medicine
- blood pressure medicine
- heartburn medicine
Interaction of these medicine with Adderall XR 30 mg could cause severe side effects like dizziness, sweating, feeling hot, muscle rigidity or shakiness, vomiting, nausea, diarrhoea, seizures, agitation, coma, hallucinations, fast heart rate, hearing or seeing things that are not real.
Avoid using certain drugs, like;
- sertraline tricyclic
- selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor
Avoid using foods and beverages like;
- Acidic foods
- vitamin c
- some herbal supplements
- fruit juice
Direction to Store Adderall XR 30 mg Carefully
- Storage of this medicine should be done properly.
- Keep the tablet in an airtight container at room temperature between 20-25 ° celsius.
- Make sure no one could reach it or misuse it.
- Keep the medicine away from moisture, heat and rain.
- Disposal of expired, used or broken capsules should be done safely. You can also flush the leftover doses to reduce the risk.
- It is not applicable to use by someone under 3 years old.
- Avoid exceeding doses without permission, it can become habit-forming.
- Keep the medicine away from children and drug-addicted people.
- It is prohibited to sell or buy Adderall XR 30 mg without permission.
- Do not use this medicine if you have taken MAO like isocarboxazid, linezolid, tranylcypromine, selegiline, phenelzine or rasagiline in the last 14 days.
- Do not share your doses with others without a prescription, a single wrong step can cause death.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding mothers should avoid using it to keep the newborn baby safe and drug-free.
- Do proper drug administration of Adderall with prescription and precautions.
- Give each regular update to your doctor and remember to get yourself checked up in a short interval of time.
- Store the medicine safely, away from heat, moisture and rain.
Keep eye on your tablets, so no one could misuse it
Alternatives of Adderall XR 30 mg
Talking about the different alternatives, there are many effective medicines available which can be used instead of Adderall 30 mg. It’s all up to the doctor which medicine he/she will prescribe you. Follow your doctor’s advice always, and never take medicines without permission.
- Focalin XR
These are some best effective medicines available to treat ADHD and Narcolepsy. Make sure you are getting all of your doses from a trusted store.